Try Prime Wardrobe!

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Domestic Seafood Recipe

Do you like to cook seafood? I like seafood a lot and when it comes to seafood? My brother-in-law is really good with it. And my favorite are Sweet and Sour Fish and Fresh Braised Crabs with Garlic. I know this is very common for domestic seafood and most of the people know how to cook these. The recipe is very simple and I am sure I can do it. Even though I am not a great cook but at least I can easily learned if someone teach me or if I have a recipe copy with it. Here is the recipe of the Sweet and Sour Fish.

1 red snapper or grouper (cleaned and scaled)
½ cup flour mixed with salt
½ cup oil
Few sprigs fresh cilantro leaves to garnish.

Sauce:
½ cup sugar
½ cup vinegar
½ cup water
3 tbs tomato ketchup
1 small carrot, 1 medium green and red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
1 medium cucumber
½ tbs cornstarch (dissolved in 2 tbs water)

Direction:
1. Make 3-4 diagonal slits along each side of the fish and dredge in flour. Heat the oil in a wok and fry the fish for 7-8 minutes on each side or until cooked. Removed from pan and drain on paper towels.
2. To make the sauce, combine the sugar, vinegar, water and tomato ketchup in a saucepan. Add carrots, cook for 4-5 mins, add bell peppers and cucumber. Simmer without stirring. When the vegetables are tender, stir in cornstarch mixture and simmer until thickens. Remove from heat.
3. Place the fish on a serving platter. Pour the sweet and sour sauce over the fish. Arrange the vegetables around fish and garnish with cilantro leaves.

Hope you like the recipe! Anyway what is your favorite domestic seafood dish? Would you like to share it? Have you heard the website Great American Seafood Cook off? If you like cook domestic seafood dish, then this might be the right website for you. Why? Because they are one of America’s most prestigious culinary competitions. You can share your recipe and who knows! Maybe you are the next winner with the title of King of American Seafood. Isn’t that great? I am not a good cook but I will absolutely recommend this website to all people around the world who love to cook. For more information visit greatamericanseafoodcookoff.com!

No comments: