Try Prime Wardrobe!

Friday, October 29, 2010

Looking forward to a warm winter

Guest post written by Gloria Patterson

When you move into an old house, you obviously are going to have to make some sacrifices. Well, I kind of knew that going into buying our house, but I put it at the back of my mind until we braved our first winter there last year. We definitely had to bundle up more than usual in the house and this year I didn't want to have to do that.

Short of ripping the the house down and starting all over again, which is exactly what we were trying to avoid, really the only thing that I could think that would help us would be installing a new heating system. I got SEARS heating and air to come out and replace our heating system so I thought that it would help a lot.

When I told the installers about our issues they also suggested making it less drafty by also replacing our windows. It ends up that a lot of energy is lost by bad windows and I have noticed that itÕs a lot colder beside them so weÕre going to do that too.

No comments: