Try Prime Wardrobe!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Where to Find Good Deals on Knitting Supplies

Content by Mac Kline

I have a huge collection of knitting needles. I think I have just about every size of circular needles and double-pointed needles as well as multiple pairs of each size of straight knitting needles. In addition, I have an assortment of knitting accessories that includes everything from row counters to stitch holders and cable needles. You might think I paid a lot for all of these tools, but that's not the case. There are bargains to be found if you just know where to look.

One of my favorite places to find bargains on knitting supplies is at garage sales. I once bought a large garbage bag filled with yarn for just $5! The prices on knitting needles, crochet hooks and other craft supplies at garage sales are often quite cheap, but you have to be careful because some people don't know what they are worth and will set the price higher than it ought to be. You will usually find the best deals on boxes or bags of supplies that are sold as a group.

In addition to shopping at garage sales, you can get great deals buying craft supplies at estate sales that are handled by an auctioneer. Craft supplies are usually sold by the box at these sales, so you might end up with a large box of supplies for $10 or less.

I have also bought quite a few lots of knitting needles and other craft supplies on eBay. I use www.cleartvbundle.com to connect me to buyers and sellers all over the country and try to find large lots that will still be a great deal even after figuring the cost of shipping. You don't have to spend a fortune to build a large collection of knitting supplies.

No comments: