Try Prime Wardrobe!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Making new friends

Guest post written by Maribelle Carter

I’ve had social anxiety for all of my life, so when I moved to a new retirement community away from most of my friends and family, I was really hesitant about being around all those new people. But I’ve made lots of new friends and I’m pretty proud of myself for conquering a lot of my issues in befriending these people.

One night when we were playing Scrabble, I was having a tough time participating in the conversation because I couldn’t hear everything everyone was saying. Then someone asked me if I had any grandchildren and I answered that I used to have two cats. I do have grandchildren, I just misunderstood them. They all laughed and then the man asked me again and I understood him.

I was pretty embarrassed but the man who asked me the original question pointed at his ears and said he had gone to miracle ear cincinnati before moving here. Then two women chimed in and said they both got hearing aids in houstonand hearing aids in brooklyn before relocating. After that I made an appointment and got some.

Although the incident was embarrassing, I’m glad that my new friends helped me laugh through it.

No comments: